Tuesday, September 19, 2006

A Perfect Weekend....

I don't even know where to start... I guess maybe I should start from where I got an email Thursday afternoon, inviting me and my wife to a cookout to celebrate two of my friends birthdays(the same two guys I usually go to AC with to celebrate our birthdays) with a cookout... I say to myself "that's cool, sounds like fun"... Till I realize which freaking day they wanted to have it... SATURDAY... No, not like NEXT Saturday, I'm talking THIS SATURDAY, like two days notice Saturday... So now I'm in a quandry... Do I say fuck no and stay the hell home and offend my friends, or do I suck it up an go??

Now let me explain... This past Saturday was HUGE, HUGE, HUGE day for anybody who follows college football... 7 games where the opponents were ranked in the top 25, plus the fact Michigan was playing Notre Dame AT Notre Dame, which had me nervously stalking around my house, smoking cigs like Morton Downey Jr.... Michigan hadn't won their first road game in 7 years, hadn't beaten Notre Dame at home in 12 years and had lost the previous two in a row to them too boot... So I was a little nervous (apoplectic was more like it...)

So I talked to my wife.. And decided that I would watch the first half at my house (so I could scream, cuss and run around in the privacy of my own home) and then we would head over at half time...

Well my worries were soon alleved... Quite quickly I might add.. Michigan scored on a interception return for a touchdown on the 3rd play from scrimmage and never looked back.. They drilled Notre Dame 47-21, and it wasn't even THAT close... It was a woodshed asswhooping...

With that having me on cloud nine, I looked forward to Sunday... I had already stated that I had been waiting for Sunday for over 3 months... And it was finally here... FAMILY VALUES TOUR 06!!!!!

I can't even begin to put into words the experience was... After watching 10 Years, Direngrey (their lead singer was a little bizarre, and their fan base was rabid) Flyleaf and Stonesour, I was AMPED for Deftones and Korn... When they finally took the stage, it was bananas... All I know is, I was dead smack in the middle of the mosh pit 3 different times and I swear I had to have been the smallest guy in there by at least 50-60 pounds... I didn't give a shit... When Deftones played "My Own Summer (shove it)" it was a wrap... I was bouncing around everywhere... Every other song I would get out to take a break (or after the second time, to recoup from getting elbowed in the stomach) but then Deftones would play another top notch song, and I would hop my ass right back in there... I am STILL PISSED they only got to play a 50 minute set... But I guess beggars can't be choosy...

Now I had stated previously that I was basically going to see Deftones and Korn was just icing on the cake... I was curious to see how they would sound since Head had left the band a while back... Well when Korn came out... I didn't think I could get more fired up, after just watching Deftones, but I was WRONG... They started out with playing "Right Now" and before I had even realized what I was doing, I was running around, hopping off people and going beserk... My wife was like WTF??? LOL.. Oh well.. Korn tore the house down... They were insane... Jonathan Davis twice pulled out this huge fire hose and doused the whole pit PLUS some of the fans sitting back in the seated section... Completely crazy...

Like I said a perfect weekend.. I wish I could have framed it....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home