Friday, September 22, 2006

Back in the saddle....

Hadn't really been playing poker lately... Just got too much going on with my kids starting school again and getting back to helping them with their homework, making dinner and making sure they are in bed early...

Decided to play in Steve's $50 tourney last night... Was hoping I could possibly do well in that, so I could play in the cash game... Started out playing real, REAL tight, and pops, who happened to be at my table, took full advantage... I limp under the gun, gets around to Pops, who's on the button and he raises 800... I call and we see a flop of K/7/3 all diamonds... I'm like shit... Auto check, Pops doesn't even slow down and puts out a continuation bet of 1000, I check my cards and flip over the 6 of diamonds and say I had a good flush draw... then I flip over my other 6... Pops goes "you had sixes?? You were WAYYY good" and flips over Q-6 of hearts... GRRRRRRRR... Nice hand pops...

I caught absolutely NO HANDS... the one hand I did have; queens, I played like a donkey and went all in, which was a huge over bet consider there was only one caller...

I doubled up once when I flopped two pair, and that was about it... Got blinded off till I only had 4 times the big blind and went all in with 10's... Got called by the big blind (who I appropriately named "baby Hoyt") who called me with a baby ace and hit one on the flop... Good night haga, no cash game for you...

1 Comments:

Blogger @OnAFoldDraw said...

Bring that Happy Birthday loot out to the Donkey Corral! See ya on Wednesday.

- Trav

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home